



It's been a crazy couple of months for us so blogging has been low on the totem pole of things to do.
First of all a catch up on the B-man's stuff:
His 6 month appointment was a couple of weeks ago. He was right around the 50th percentile in height and weight (that's where he's been), and his head size is still off the charts. Grandma is currently calling him "noggin" because of his head measurements. It really doesn't look that big on his body to me.... His eardrum ruptured (poor baby), so we battled that for a couple of weeks. He is so amazingly calm when he is in pain. I wish I was that easy going. He eventually had to go back and get his 6 month shots. That is the worst for me, I don't know whether to laugh or cry (I always laugh when I'm nervous....I'm not a mean Mommy!).
He is sitting up unassisted, can hold his bottle (if someone will do it for him, he's more than happy to let them), eats all sorts of baby foods (current favorites: pears and sweet potatoes), and can scoot backward all the way across a room!! He is just beginning that pre-crawl stage and I imagine it won't be long before he's ready to crawl everywhere.
He is STILL not sleeping through the night, and doesn't enjoy sleep that much in general. He is the nosiest little boy and refuses to sleep when we are in public! He coos, says dada all the time, mama when he's whining for something, and smiles at everyone. We are very lucky that he has such a great disposition.
Currently his favorite thing to do when he is bored is blow raspberries on my shoulder, which is easily accessible because it is summer and we are in tank tops a lot. He loves the sound and feeling it on his teeth. He has 4 new teeth coming in. He already has his bottom two, and his incisors and front two are coming in at nearly the same rate. The incisors were the first to break through, but I don't think he's going to be a vampire baby because the other two aren't far behind.
As my Mom says his first bed was a queen size cherry sleigh bed, but he is making his way into his own bed at night. Now that I am home more I am giving him a little more space and not feeling as guilty about not having enough Blake or Mommy time. This is not to say that we've completed the transition, but we are definitely well on our way.
As for Dylan and I, Dylan is still doing great at his job. He is up for a new recruiter award and is a busy bee all the time. I had to have my gallbladder out the last week of school, but have been up to visit my students several times during Summer school the past few weeks. I am enjoying my baby, and wouldn't want to spend my Summer any other way than with him. I have gotten a teacher to job share with me....she is a first year teacher named Megan and she seems really sweet. Unfortunately to make it so she would be full time she will teach ECC (early childhood) in the mornings and my kids in the afternoons. Blake and I have to go to work everyday, but will be done by noon and have the rest of the day to spend with each other. It was unfortunate that we couldn't find someone interested in doing an actual job share, but I'll take what I can get. We are VERY happy this Summer in our new house (we moved in while I was prego, so there is still a lot of work to be done), and with the new love of our lives, baby Blake.
Blake is at such a fun age this year! It will be so much fun at Table Rock with him. I can't wait to see you guys!
ReplyDelete